Midlands Funds Management Limited (FSP43686) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide a financial advice service.
Nature and scope of financial advice service
Although we have a licence to provide financial advice, we do not usually provide financial advice. Where we do provide advice, it will be limited to investments in the Midlands Mortgage Trust, which we manage. We do not provide advice on products from any other providers.
Fees and expenses
We do not charge a fee for any financial advice we may give. If we refer you to another financial adviser they may charge you a fee for providing you with advice. That other adviser will disclose their fees before giving you advice.
Conflicts, commissions and other incentives
We have an inherent conflict of interest in any financial advice we give about the Midlands Mortgage Trust because we receive a management fee that is based on the value of the fund. We manage this conflict by having processes to ensure that any advice we do provide is suitable for you.
We are always looking for ways to improve our service to you. If something has gone wrong, we want to know. Please send an email to [email protected] and tell us what has happened and how we can resolve matters. If you have any documents or correspondence that will help us understand your complaint, please attach them to the email.
When we receive your complaint, we will:
- Acknowledge your complaint within 1-2 days
- Gather and evaluate information about your complaint
- Respond to you within 20 working days
If we cannot agree on how to resolve the complaint, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL). FSCL are an independent, not-for-profit, external dispute resolution scheme approved by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs. FSCL’s service does not cost you anything and they will help resolve the complaint.
You can contact FSCL:
We, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have legal duties relating to the way that we give advice.
- give priority to our clients’ interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests;
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing the advice;
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice); and
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at www.fma.govt.nz.
Our contact details
You can contact us at:
Midlands Funds Management Limited
1/111 Karamu Road North
PO Box 609
Phone: 06 870 3260
Free phone: 0800 870 326
Email: [email protected]